18 Aug Peachy Keen Summer Quinoa
This summer quinoa salad is just peachy! It is best in August when peaches are perfectly ripe and at their prime.
- 2 Cups uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 peaches, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Soak sundried tomatoes in 1 cup hot water for at least 30 minutes until they are softened. Remove from water and finely chop.
- Mix 2 cups quinoa and 4 cups water into a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Stir occasionally until cooked
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in frying pan on medium-high heat. Sautee onions, garlic and bell peppers until softened. Approx 8 minutes. Add pre-soaked and chopped sundried tomatoes. Add cumin and chili powder and sautee for 1-2 more minutes.
- In a large bowl mix the cooked quinoa with the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, the sauteed veggies, and the chopped peaches.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste
- Refrigerate to cool before serving
Enjoy as a side dish or a main! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week.
Tip: If you don’t have the time to pre-soak the sundried tomatoes, a good alternative is to use 1/4 cup capers instead