25 Aug Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 3/4 of a bundle of asparagus
- 1 large collard leaf
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Break ends off the asparagus and remove stem from collard leaf. Steam asparagus and collards until soft.
- Remove asparagus and collards and set aside. Retain the liquid in the pot
- Turn heat to medium-low. In remaining liquid from the steaming pot, add the grated ginger and garlic and apple cider vinegar
- Add the cream from the top of the coconut milk to the pot, stir to combine. Let thicken.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the remaining coconut milk with the asparagus and collards. Add to the pot.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes to thicken
- Add Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.